Sunday, September 14, 2008

Archive 7-8-2007

I DID IT!!!!

Yessiree folks, I got me a weddin' dress. It happened just like I thought it would...well almost.

Friday morning Ty and I got up, had a lovely breakfast and headed out the door for some errand running. He followed me to the auto body shop in the hopes that they could take my car and fix it that day, ha! When that fantasy flew out the window we made a later appointment and drove off in opposite directions, Ty, to the library, me to the mall to get a much needed haircut.

After my haircut, I strolled through the mall, hair damp cause frankly it's cheaper(they charge you for a blow dry!). I stopped in one of the many department stores to hit a sale. As I'm leaving, packages in tow, hair still wet, I see it. Gosh it's pretty, maybe I should...well, I don't know, I'm barely wearing mascara, my hair's wet and seriously, I'm in my sports bra.

Ah....who cares? Let's do it. So there I stand, on an ordinary Friday, in an ordinary department store dressing room, staring in the mirror at me in my wedding dress......one size too small!

I go tearing out in search of someone, anyone who works there that can help me...and you know this never happens. I rummage through the racks myself hoping that someone has just misplaced the one dress in my size...nothing. I grab my belongings and run off to the closest of the other 3 department stores, hoping beyond hope....and there it is. Hanging ever so gracefully on the wall...and it's my size. I walk slowly toward the dressing room, find an empty one and strip. I pull the dress on, wondering, if it was just a fluke, that maybe I really didn't look as good as I thought I did. I step out, halfway zipped up to look in the threeway mirror. "Did you need some help zipping that up?" I turn, a very lovely woman of about 40 is standing there in her own dress waiting for a friend. "Please" I say...still a bit nervous. She zips it up, I stand there, hair still damp, and I hear the 40 year old from behind me say, with not one note of sarcasm, "I don't mean to impose, but I really hope that that is your wedding dress."

"Yes it is," I say "Yes it is".

No comments: