Sunday, September 14, 2008

Archive 2-15-2008

Judgey Wudgey was a puppy dog!

I've got a few things on my mind right now....but we'll start with this one.

I work in a field where it is actually a good thing if we are a little judgemental, and being a judgemental person myself, I actually sometimes LOVE this.

That being said, some people don't like to be judged. Well, here are some things to keep in mind.

1. If you want to adopt a puppy, it'll help if you've EVER taken your current dog to the vet before.

2. If you want to adopt or foster, we will judge (just a little) if you just walked out of our incoming area to turn in some animals.

3. If you tell us that you will let your new cat be an indoor as well as outdoor cat, but you've had three cats that were hit by cars in the past, we will judge.

It's not that we want to judge (okay we kinda do)but what we really want is to be proven wrong. We want you to show us that you will treat this animal like one of your children...cause...newsflash!...we are not here for you! We are not here to make you happy..we're not salespeople...we are not here to make sure YOU get exactly what your impatient, stingy, whiney, pushy, condescending butt wants!

WE are here to make sure that this dog, the one that has been here for 6 months and doesn't know why, the one that we hear crying every time that door opens and someone walks past and doesn't pick him, we want to make he gets what HE needs. Or this cat, the one that has been purring up against her cage for over a year just hoping someone will choose her, we want to make sure SHE is happy.

So yes, I enjoy being judgemental because I know what's at stake. I know that if you lie or if you're wishy washy.....that is a possible animal that will be rejected again. And I don't want that. I wanna make sure that each animal that leaves my building will be as spoiled as my dog is. My bratty, whiney, not quite housebroken, gorgeous, perfect pup. My pup that I couldn't ever imagine giving up.

So please don't be insulted if we talk about you, or if we ask you alot of questions about how you raise your pet.....these are the animals that we spend day in and day out with...they need good homes too...and if we can't take them home ourselves, we want to make sure that YOU rock! Cause that's what our animals deserve!

No comments: