Sunday, September 14, 2008

Archive 4-18-2006

I am officially a huge loser.

For the most part, Tuesday nights belong to me and my dog. My boy leaves for work relatively early in the afternoon and I have the entire evening to myself...with the occasional walk around the block with the pup.

Not having a whole lot of money these days and being a slave to my doggie, I usually choose to stay in, and the majority of the time my evening goes a bit like this.......

3ish-The boy leaves, I wander around debating about my free time, usually end up surfing the web.

4ish-It's been a few hours since Toots went out so we go for a nice little mommy/puppy walk

5ish-Get home from walk and promptly go back to bed.

6ish-Decide where to order dinner from...just in case I've decided not to cook.......................................................................................................

....................................sorry, that was room for you to laugh about the whole cooking thing. I will almost always choose to order from my favorite chinese restaurant and 9 out of 10 times I will order the exact same thing. Kung Pao chicken and an eggroll for Ty when he gets home from work

7ish-11ish-This part of the night is usually filled with meaningless tv(american idol and whatever is on afterwards), a nice long shower, a book or magazine, and waking up to Tootsie barking when Ty gets home.

But lets step back to 6 o'clock. I found this particular chinese restaurant quite a while ago and it quickly became my favorite due to the big, non gamey chunks of chicken...that and when I do decide to order something different, they never fail me. There was a time this past winter where I ordered from this place a lot more than I would like to admit. It was my go to food, I'm talking 2 to 3 times a week. Needless to say the regular delivery guy got to recognize my face.

He's about 17-21 years old (I'm being generous when I guess 21.....he's a youngin') very sweet, very polite young man. Since most of the time when I get to actually have dinner with my boyfriend, he lovingly cooks for me, I am usually home alone when the delivery boy comes. A few months ago....the unthinkable happened........as I opened the door, money in one hand, keeping Toots at bay with the other....I hear it....."Hey sweetie? How ya been?" No, it is not my own sweetie saying this to me, but 17 yr. old delivery boy, you know, because he knows me so well.

Now this is not necessarily a tragedy. He is just being nice and what's wrong with a friendly face from your favorite chinese delivery place.

I'll tell what's wrong with it. People order in food because they are too lazy to get off their butts and go to the store to purchase fresh, healthy, yummy ingredients to make the food their own damn selves, just like me! And when you do this a lot, once, twice, three times a week...by yourself.....you don't want someone pointing out the fact that you order from them SO much that they are now allowed to call you "sweetie"!

And let me tell you, it has only gotten worse. I stopped ordering for awhile in the hopes that he would forget my face altogether or graduate, go off to college and they would be forced to hire another delivery man....one that is not aware of my seemingly lonely, hermit-like, big fat loser Tuesday night ritual. But no. He's still there and NOW.......it's "Hey sweetie, missed you, where ya been?"

I guess I could just stop ordering chinese food. Go to the store. Cook for myself...................................................................................................... room again to laugh.

It's not so bad I guess, he usually hooks me up with extra fortune cookies and hot mustard.

No comments: