Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pregnancy is going well....thanks!

It is a gross and rainy day here in MD. Ty has a meeting for most of the afternoon and I will probably spend most of the day cleaning and cooking(I am planning spaghetti squash with eggplant and an arugula caprese salad..mmm...)
Anyways. I've been thinking a lot lately about all the things I am SO excited to do with our baby girl. So, with that in mind, here is a list of things that I cannot wait to do with my daughter in the next few years.
Renaissance Festival-I love the RenFest! I don't dress up (but I also don't mind the people who choose to). I love everything about it. I love the music, the performances, being outdoors, the food, the atmosphere. We look forward to it every year. This year I will be nice and preggo for it (mmmm the food) but next year Baby Girl Cobb will be just the right age to start hanging with us! I can picture her strapped to Ty with one of our carriers, Ty holding a beer or a turkey leg and Baby Girl getting her first taste of ice cream! Yay!
D.C. Museums- I have only been to D.C. twice since moving so close. Once for a lovely night out with a friend in Georgetown and then for the weekend for a cancer walk in memory of my mother in law. Both times we had other things happening and were not able to hit up the museums. I would like to do this with my kid. I may possibly wait until she is a little bit older but I most definitely want to do this.
Christmas-sy stuff- I can't wait to take her to see trees and lights and maybe even Santa. She's going to be a little too young this year but in the next couple of years this will be fun!
Chicago- This needs to be soon...only because I can't imagine not pushing a stroller around our old neighborhood. Show her all the places we love there and show her where mommy and daddy met.
Grandma and Grandpa's Pool- My folks have a pool back in Mn and I cannot wait til she's old enough and I can take her there to swim and hang with the fam!
Family Reunions- I can't wait to show her off! My family never did "reunions" while I was growing up because we were always around each other anyway but Ty's family has them every year practically. Next summer we'll be heading to Vermont for one that I'm so excited about.
Just going out and about- I have always vowed to be the kind of parent who shared experiences with my child, not let my child keep me from the experiences. I can't wait to walk around downtown Annapolis, hit up the shrimp feast/oyster roast in North Beach, road trip down to Asheville (so Mommy can go to the breweries this time!), playdates (hint, hint, Karice, Tiffany, Janelle), shopping, wine tasting (I said it!), the Minnesota State Fair, whatever!
Obviously there are a lot of things I can list here. Those are just a few off the top of my head. I get so excited when I think about all the things I get to do with her and how lucky we are!

1 comment:

linda said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!