Thursday, November 6, 2008

OKAY! So I had to calm down a little before I could post this. I usually try to keep any and all political/religious opinions and beliefs to myself. It's noone's business what I believe and it shouldn't change my opinion of anyone if I know what they believe in...plus it usually makes people uncomfortable and who wants that? But today...in this great day and age of change and the possibility of a new beginning towards actual equality and tolerance (Go Obama!) I could no longer keep it in....so here goes.
Nobody....NOBODY...should have the right to determine whom someone can or cannot love.....DAMMIT! I am appalled and embarrassed for our country in light of what happened in California, Florida and Arkansas recently. This has always been a hot button with me. I don't get it. How does one man loving another affect you? How does one woman choosing to have sex with another woman impair your life at all? And how in the world does someone's choice in a life partner make you think that you have the right to step in and stop them.
"It's disgusting!"...Don't look at it...voyeurs.
"It's wrong!" Say's who?
"God"...let me tell you, if God's biggest problem is who's fucking who than we've got it made...trust me folks, God's got bigger worries.
"It mocks the sanctity of marriage" Ohhhhh, you're right. Two people who love each should never get married. I'll tell you what mocks the sanctity of marriage. Pregnant 17 year olds whose parents and forcing them to wed. Husbands who took vows and then beat their wives. And that stupid cable show "Big Fat Redneck Wedding"....THAT mocks marriage.
And Arkansas can suck it! No unmarried couple should be allowed to adopt or foster a homeless child? I guess I could maybe understand it from a legal perspective but when you make it VERY clear that this is about being gay? Bite me. God forbid you put an unwanted child into a loving environment.
It just makes me sad because it truly makes no sense. If you're life is that affected by others than you have some issues you need to deal with, but it is not your right to determine whether or not someone can wed....it is not my right either...and it sure as hell is not our government's right.

3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Very disappointing that Prop 8 was passed :(

Rachel said...

Living in Los Angeles in a prodominately gay area, it is heartbreaking to see the lives that Prop 8 has devastated. We were shocked as we saw the results. My friends feel targeted, hated, and hopeless. My hope is that we have seen great change in the country in a realatively short time and that we will continue to move in the direction of tolerance and equality for ALL very soon.

Bella Spills said...

I love it when you get all riled up. And with good cause. Fight the good fight, my friend.